Proof That It’s Pre-Code
- Women slapped and punched in the face.
- Sixteen year old comes in charged with criminal assault of an older woman, our main character thinks it’s pretty funny.
- Woman dressed like a dude.
- One of the main characters has a severe case of kleptomania and thrill stealing, as well as sexually getting off to criminals.
- Intimidation and bribery galore.
- Hemorrhoids pillow used as a punchline.
- Girl gets extremely excited by luau dancing: “Pagan! Almost savage, isn’t it?!”
- “I want a man who’s my master! Who would shoot the first man who looks at me!” “You need a good spanking.” “What I want is a good thrashing!”
- The ending’s a little… huh.
The ending to Blood Money is an ending I think I’ve never seen before and highly doubt I’ll ever see again. A socialite named Elaine has spent the movie ricocheting between two men only to be slapped by one and spited by the other. Moments after coming to the crushing realization that she’s ruined everything she cared for, she runs into a woman exiting the elevator in a huff.
“I just had the most horrible experience I ever had in my life! I went upstairs to answer a this ad. A man named Johnson told me he wanted a model to pose for an art study. I had to fight my way out the office! My arm is bruised black and blue! He slapped me– look at my jaw!”
“What’d you say his name was?”
Elaine snatches the newspaper from her hand. “Give me that ad!”
And Elaine runs over to the elevator. To go get sexually assaulted.