Proof That It’s Pre-Code
And of course we see the girl take her clothes off.
- Cary Grant runs a beauty clinic filled to the brim with gorgeous ladies begging him for advice and smiles. To one perspective client seeking console, he nods at her and instructs, “Take your clothes off please.” And, of course, she undresses. He then asks her why she’d need work done, and she explains that she’s actually there for consultation for her mother. “Why’d you take your clothes then?” She winks, “I thought you’d be interested to see how I look with out it.”
- The Pre-Code trick of nude ladies behind suspended sheets again.
- Co-starring the Wampas Baby Stars of 1934: a bunch of fresh faced women paraded before the camera in all sorts of provocative positions. And, no, they’re not actual babies.
- Extramarital affairs are defensively referred to as “Lovely Episodes”.
- “Could you get us some wine like a good girl?”
“I’ll get it, but I’m not sure it’ll be like a good girl!” (more…)